Saturday, December 27, 2008

Turn Baby! Turn!

Went for our usual check up yesterday but I wasn't too happy about it. Apparently baby is still happily in a sitting position, when she's supposed to have turned upside down by now, getting ready to meet the world in about a month! Dr Kee say baby probably wanted to be closer to Mummy, so was unwilling to turn.

After scanning my tummy, he found out why baby still haven't turn. Apparently she's in a yoga-like position with her leg stretched out straight in front of her body, so it's a little more difficult to flip herself upside down. Har... then how... I exclaimed out loud that I don't want to have a Cesarean, so Dr Kee said to my tummy, "baby you better turn ok, or else I will smack your buttock when you come out" Erm... Don't he smack ALL baby's butt when they come out? Haha...

Anyway, Dr Kee seemed pretty cool about it, casually saying that if baby doesn't turn, he would do a Cesarean for me around the 3 Feb, which is about 7-10 days before the due date.

-_-"

Erm... I have never planned to have a Cesarean, and I REALLY don't wish to have one. So I asked Dr Kee if it's possible for baby to turn anytime soon. Luckily he replied that it is always possible for the baby to turn before the delivery. In fact, baby may decide to turn just an hour before she comes out! So it's important for us to inform him if baby has already turned upside down.

Phew... OK, now it's all up to baby. For the rest of the day I kept stressing on this issue. I mean, my mom had Cesarean for both my sis and I, so I guess it's no big deal right? Besides, that would mean I wouldn't have to squeeze her out of my vagina, so I should be happy to avoid all that pain right?

But then again, the recovery process of a surgery is much longer and definitely more painful. So, many day to day activities would be affected, even breastfeeding!

Sigh, honestly I REALLY don't want to have a C-section because I'm terrified of needles. So I'm seriously hoping Princess would be a good girl and turn around before she's due. In fact, I was so stressed about it, I even dreamt that she had turned over last night, only to be disappointed that I found out that it was just a dream.

Oh well, apart from that, baby has gained about 400g, which is nice and steady, while my weight has not gone up! Yeah for me and baby!

No comments: