Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Evil X'mas Items

Quote from Santa Char...

"Please bring along a present that costs between $10 to $15 for the festive gift exchange among the elves and fairies.

For this party, chocolates, photo frames and mugs are considered as evil items and thus not appropriate as presents."

I laughed out loud when I read the part on the "evil items". Yes I do agree that every year, we are bound to receive some "evil items", but I didn't really agree with Char's description of the evil items!

What's wrong with chocolates? They're delicious! If Chocolates are evil items, I'm happy to take it away from you! Give me! Give me! I thought that photo frames and mugs are OK too, given that those selling at stores nowadays looked really nice and tasteful.

Unfortunately, not everybody are so lucky to get tasteful gifts. Many people suffer the common fate of receiving REAL evil items during Christmas. I was surprised that I wasn't alone when I told Zinc about my ultimate evil item.


Disgusting mugs...


OK I may not have received them for Christmas, but they are still disgusting nonetheless. I mean, what the hell were those people thinking??? Do they seriously think that we would like it enough to even use them? I don't even know why I still keep them. It's collecting dust at the very top shelf in my kitchen now, out of sight, out of mind.

Other evil items include:
Keychains
What am I suppose to do with so many keychains?

Handphone accessories
It's very personal - what I like hanging on my handphone...

Bodyshop products
Skin care is even more personal! What fragrance I like, what skin products I need, etc. Besides, I may not even like the quality of their moisturiser! Sticky...

Cheap cute stuff with no practical use to put on your desk and collect dust
Cute, but... what am I suppose to do with it? Those stuff are always the 1st to be thrown away. No offence...

Face towels
Besides being a super boring gift, I don't use them, so it's evil to me.

Aroma therapy - the incense sticks type
Makes the place smoky and stinky. Evil...

Scented candles
Doesn't work for my home as it's very windy and airy. So it's only use is to collect dust again.

Free gifts (ultimate cheapo people!)
This one is from Cobby. Someone actually was cheapo enough to use a free gift from Shell petrol station, a mug, and put it into the gift exchange! Disgusting people!

That's all I can think of now, do you know of any that's not in the list?

No comments: