Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Good Day

Today was a good day...

The contractors were coming down around 10am plus to install our cabinets, so we woke up at around 7.30am to get an early breakfast before dropping me off at Mom's place to 'hide' while they hammer away.

At around 8am, our doorbell rang! Cobby had to jump out of the toilet, thinking that the contractors had arrived early. Me, I was happily brushing my teeth in the bedroom toilet, I didn't even hear any doorbells.

Imagine our surprise when my parents turned up at our door! Apparently, they were taking a morning walk and ended up at our doorstep. OK... since they are here, we went out for breakfast together!

After a hearty breakfast at Chong Pang market, Cobby dropped us at my Mom's place and he went back home to wait for the contractors to arrive. My main objective was to learn how to make Mom's steamed carrot cake (actually it's made from radish). But I've also picked up many more recipes during the day.



So for the whole day, I hung out at my parent's place, watching her cook, eating yummy food, napped and ate some more. Haha...

After lunch, Cobby sms me great news. Apparently his exam results were out and he got 3 As and 2 Bs! He was SO HAPPY and relieved as he had been worrying about it for so long.



By the time the contractors were done, it was already 5plus! Cobby came to pick me up and we went home to check on the cabinets. I'm happy to say that it's very pretty!



After...!




It's the first time that we were using colours for our cabinets, so I was a little worried if they would turn out nice or not. But they turned out looking very pretty and sweet, very appropriate for a girl's room! The window cabinets turned out to be more shallow than I expected, but it's fine I guess.

After a quick wash up, we headed to Shabuya, a new found Japanese restaurant at Vivo City that serves a fantastic Shabu-shabu (steamboat).





Their Garlic Rice is to die for...Favourite!


As usual, they food was fantastic and we had a very enjoyable dinner to celebrate Cobby's good results.

It was such a good day! The cupboards were done and we love it, I had a great time hanging out with mom and dad, Cobby had such great results and dinner was fantastic. Then we thought, hmm... maybe we should buy 4D! It was the 23 Dec, so naturally we should buy 2312. The Cobby added that since he got 3As and 2Bs, we should buy 3122. Then we realised... hey, 2312 and 3122 has the same numbers! Oooo so coincidence! Must buy!

Well, we bought, but we didn't win... hahaha... but it was a fun day nonetheless.

No comments: