Tuesday, December 2, 2008

BBQ with friends

Marl organised a BBQ party on Saturday at the Goldkist Chalet at East Coast Park. We ordered those packaged BBQ food, but Zinc thought that it would be more fun if we each bring something too, like a little pot-luck. Zinc suggested that I bring a chocolate cake, so I made my layered chocolate cake.

I think it was my first time going to the chalet there and was surprised that it was quite crowded! Almost every chalet was occupied with people having parties, BBQ-ing, eating and drinking.

After walking like, forever, Cobby and I finally found the chalet! Zinc, UJ and family, Marl and Nurul were already there with the fire started, cooking.


It was my first time seeing Marl without her Tudung! Her hair was so long and curly... Pretty! :)


It was a fun evening, as usual, I hung around the BBQ pit, because that's the best place to get fed quick! Haha... Zinc was the chef for the night and we feasted on sambal stingray, chicken wings, otah, crab sticks, corn and satay. Yummy! Unfortunately the chicken wings seems abit lacking, I only got to eat one!



We were already eating desserts in between the chicken wings and otah. I was eating the yummy Nutella cake from Marl when I commented, "Wait, this is desserts! Shouldn't we be eating this later instead?" To this cute Issac said, "NO! This is not dessert, this is APPETISER OK!"

I like your theory Issac, and continued munching on the yummy cake.

We also tried to roast marshmallows, but we didn't have any sticks! So we had to "recycle" our satay sticks. Unfortunately they were so bloody short, we had a hard time holding it over the fire! So even though it's not browned, it still melts in our mouth! Nice!


We had a wide variety of desserts! There was iced longan with sea coconut, 3 different type of ice creams, chocolate cake, nutella cake, even ice cream cake! By the time I tried everything, I felt like I was gonna burst!


By 9pm plus, we were just hanging around, chatting and laughing. I don't know why, but by then I was so tired, I was ready to just close my eyes and fall asleep! So shortly after UJ and family bid their farewell, Cobby and I said our goodbyes too.

I had so much fun that night, I guess I missed being around my friends, chatting and laughing. We ended the night with plans to meet up again for Christmas, so it's nice to have that to look forward to!



P.S. On a morbid note, I read the news that a body of a teenager was found the next morning on the beach just outside the Goldkist chalet! I don't know what happened, but it's just weird that a young man died so near us when we were laughing and enjoying life.

No comments: