Monday, January 26, 2009

Check up update!

Well, it's decided. Went for checkup on Friday (23 Jan) and our little princess was still sitting comfortably inside me. Dr Kee announced that baby is strong and healthy, but it's unlikely that she would turn upside down as she was running out of space to do so as she grows bigger. With that, we fixed a date for me to have my Cesarean operation. So our little Princess Jolie would be welcomed to this world on the 5 February 2009!

Well, we didn't really take the news very well, especially Cobby. On the way home and for the rest of the day, his face was like... (o_o) He didn't have to say it, but I can tell that he was super worried for me. I talked to him later that day and he confessed that having an operation do carry more risk, so he was worried for me. He's so sweet right? He informed his mom after the clinic appointment and she immediately headed to the temple to pray for my safety. She's very sweet too... :)

On my side, I was more disappointed than worried actually. To me, a natural birth was the only option that I've ever expected to have, so I NEVER considered the possibility of having any other birth option. I guess you can say that I feel kind of 'cheated' out of a natural birth.

I'm not worried about the actual operation actually, I even opt for a half body anesthesia. This way, Cobby can be beside me throughout the process and we can see baby the moment she comes out! Even though Cesarean does carry more risk, I believe in the medical expertise of the doctors. After all, Cesareans are so common nowadays right?

I was more concern about the recovery period of the operation actually, I've never had an operation before, and now I have to care for a baby after a major abdominal operation? I better do some homework on this. So I've been flooding my brain with information on Cesarean operation process, recovery care and tips, everything!

Armed with the knowledge of the pros and cons to having a Cesarean, I hope I can better prepare myself mentally and emotionally to welcome Princess Jolie into our lives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to share: when i was about to give birth, i felt kinda scared and worried about all the labour pain...but on the day itself, after baby was born, i felt a great sense of relief and all the pain was overcome by the joy of baby arrival..dont worry, i am sure everything would be ok...my hubby said to me:" there is no big deal to giving birth as lots of woman give birth every day, every minute and then they are still alive and kicking thereafer ..." All the best!

Miss CoCo said...

Thanks for the comfort Citrix, everytime I start to worry about everything and anything, I had to remind myself, "if millions of women in the world can do it, so can I!"