Friday, January 30, 2009

Last Check Up

Went for our last check up before the delivery this morning. Gained another 800g, but my blood pressure and glucose level was perfect, so, no problems! Was waiting to see the doctor when the nurses said that I had to be put on the cardiotocography (CTG) to monitor the baby's heartbeat and also to check my contractions. So I went into the room and they strapped 2 monitors onto my belly. One of them was like a super sensitive microphone, and the moment they flip the switch, I can hear baby's heartbeat! It's SO AMAZING!!!

I knew I had to record it down somehow, so when the nurses left the room, I used my handphone and took a little recording. OK the footage not very flattering cause I had to video myself while lying down so don't laugh ok... I later realised that I spoke too softly because I didn't want the nurses outside the room to know that I'm video recording myself! But I didn't have the chance to re-shoot cause shortly after that the nurse came in and the session was over.


Basically, what I was mumbling was that, I'm strapped to the CTG, the "dups-dups-dups" sound in the background was baby's heartbeat and I had to be strapped there and monitored for half-an-hour. I also mentioned that it's very cute cause baby would keep moving around in my belly and sometimes she'll move to the back and the heartbeat sound would become very faint, then she'll change position and suddenly her heartbeat would become very loud cause her chest is very near the 'microphone'. Haha... So it's quite fun to hear her moving around.

During the Doctor's checkup we just did a final scan, clarified some questions about the operation and that's it! The nurses bid us goodluck as we left and the next time we're back would be to welcome Princess Jolie into the world!

No comments: