Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays! If you are looking for stories of crazy parties, sumptuous feasts, piles of presents and spectacular fireworks to end the year, you would be disappointed. Haha... December 2008 had quietly passed us by without much fanfare, but I'm ok with it, seriously.

Christmas Eve

We bought some pre-marinated rack of lamb from the supermarket and cooked a fancy dinner, just for the two of us. There was oven grilled lamb with roast potatoes, stir fried shitake mushrooms and pumpkin soup with buttered toast. For dessert, we had strawberry yogurt. Oh yah, how can we have Christmas eve feast without a bubbly drink right? So we popped opened the sparkling grape juice I bought for char's Christmas party and it was delicious! So fancy..! Haha...



Christmas Day

Cobby and I exchanged our presents in bed like we always do. I got a very pretty snowflake necklace, very appropriate for Xmas! Cobby got a new shaver, cause his old one is dying. :) In the evening we headed over to Mom's place for dinner. She had invited Yee Mei and family over too and we had a good time playing with Damien and Brandon.

Boxing Day

We went for our checkup. After that we finally decided to buy the baby stroller, so we went down to the baby products wholesaler at Kaki Bukit and bought our Maclaren Techno XT stroller.



Retail price was $500+, but we got it for only $482. Happy!

Then we headed to Metro at Causeway Shopping Centre and bought a breast pump set. They were having their Xmas sale, so we saved another 15%! I happily told Cobby that we SAVED so much money today, but then he said, "don't you mean we SPENT so much money?" Hmm... I like to see my cup as half full. Thank you.

That wasn't the end of our spending, after shopping around for a few days, we decided on a 2 seater sofa for our study room and put in our order on 27 Dec. They were a furniture wholesaler located at the logistic hub at Sembawang, so it was super cheap. $360, including changing the colour of the sofa and delivery! :D

Cobby's Birthday - 28 December 2008

No plans for his birthday, so I just decided that we do the things that he like that day. Gave him his present in the morning, it was a very expensive Oakley sunglasses. (Vomit blood)I made him act surprised eventhough he chose the design himself. FUN~!



Went to his favourite Bak Chor Mee store at Toa Payoh for breakfast, read his precious newspapers, munch on his favourite indulgence, kuey ji (sunflower seeds) and surfing the web till afternoon.

I suggested that we visit the Carrista Jamboree. I heard it on the radio but we can't find ANY details online at all, but we just headed there anyway. I mean, how expensive can a car show be right? So after driving like forever to the super ulu Changi Exhibition Centre and paying $5 for the parking. We found out that the ticket was a crazy $20 per person. WAH~ DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!!! So instead of paying $45 for a stupid car show, we left, just $5 poorer, feeling like kanna cheated. SIGH~ But we compensated the loss with a super yummy dinner at our favourite Japanese restaurant, Waraku.

New Year Eve

Went to Tao Payoh for a dim sum breakfast, went home and made my second batch of pineapple tarts the whole afternoon, and in the evening, we went over to Cobby's Mom place for dinner. Given that I'm so heavily pregnant, we didn't think it was such a good idea to go watch fireworks this year. With the crowds, noise, no proper place to sit, etc, hmm... yah, maybe not. So we did our countdown at our living room and slept shortly after that. Haha...

Happy New Year!

We spent almost the whole day out, but we didn't really plan for it. On the way to a nearby coffeeshop for lunch, I suddenly suggest that we go watch a movie after lunch. Then we thought, since we want to catch a movie at Great World City, why don't we have our lunch there? So we drove there and had Subway sandwich for lunch. Unfortunately we couldn't find a movie timing we liked, so we abandoned the movies and went to hunt for a TV at Liang Court shopping centre instead. We saw some good deals, but decided to sleep on it 1st. By then it's already 4plus, so might as well go hang somewhere till dinner!

We went to Borders at Orchard Road and read some magazines. Hmmm it was so crowded that I couldn't find any seats! So this poor pregnant woman had to stand for an hour plus till dinner time. :( We walked to The Coffee Club at Taka for dinner, it was a nice dinner, but baby gave me such a hard time because she was kicking and pushing against my tummy like mad! CRAZY OUCH!!! I think it's because she don't like it that the restaurant was SO NOISY... dunno lah...

So ends my festive season... nothing fancy, but I couldn't do anything crazy even if I want to anyway. Anyway, this year I got to visit Taiwan, London, Paris, Rome and Hong Kong, and even stepped into another exciting phase of my life with a little life growing inside of me! So I've already enjoyed a VERY EVENTFUL year, so I'm contented. 2009 would be another exciting year, and I'm super looking forward to it!

No comments: