Thursday, August 6, 2009

Jolie on solids

The very first time we fed Jolie solid food, which was rice cereal, was 29 June 2009. She wasn't crazy about it, only ate a few mouthfuls.



Slowly she began to eat more and more and now, she's taking it 3 times a day, each time about a quarter bowl. I enjoy exploring new fruits and vegetables to feed Jolie, and this website is quite informative.



So far he has eaten: Potato, carrots, bananas, pears, yam, spinach(she dislikes), apples, papaya, sweet potaotes, broccoli, plum (she dislikes - too sour? I will try baking it to make it sweeter), pumkin and fish. I tried pork, but I think it's too early cause she don't like the bits of meat in her smooth cereal.



Of course it's never always smooth sailing when it comes to baby. Sometimes she'll have her moods and wouldn't want to eat. Once, after a meal, she choked on her own saliva and was coughing away. She coughed so hard that she vomited out almost the whole bowl of cereal. -_- I was so exhausted, I felt so defeated, that I had to sit down and stone for a few minutes before getting myself to prepare the food all over again, and feed her all over again.

It's a messy affair - feeding baby, she likes to make the "Ppppuuuuuu...." noise when she eats. Sometimes she gets lucky and managed to grab a handful of the slimy cereal from the bowl. But I enjoy watching her finish her food. Knowing that she is having all the nutrients to help her grow strong and healthy.

No comments: