Monday, August 31, 2009

Big Mistake

After feeding Jolie a big bowl of porridge for lunch, I gave her her teething ring to chew on. Big mistake... Suddenly, with no warning, she just "BLEEAAAAAAAH..." and vomited everything out onto the floor!

*SLAP FOREHEAD*

So I had to...

...wipe vomit off the floor
...mop the floor (baby starts crying - covered in vomit)
...bring all the bowls and stuff to sink
...wanted to bathe baby when realised that she also pooped
...wipe baby's butt 1st
...give baby a wipe down and change her clothes
...put baby on walker while I wash everything in the kitchen
...baby continue to scream even louder
...baby puke again on the walker from screaming too much
...*SLAP FOREHEAD* carry baby
...wipe baby AGAIN plus wipe walker
...living room floor still sticky! ARGH! Mop floor with one hand
...change clothes
...make rice cereal for baby lunch AGAIN
...feed baby AGAIN

By then baby had grown tired and sleepy and drifted to sleep shortly after her meal. Sigh, I was so frustrated at baby earlier and had yelled at her. But thinking back, she actually had a breakthrough! While on the walker, crying and screaming, she actually walked forward toward me, holding out her arms, wanted me to carry her. (She always walked backwards on the walker) In her desperation, she actually figured out how to move forward!

Thinking about it and watching at her fall asleep in my arms made my heart melt. Sigh... I feel bad, I should have controlled my temper! It's not her fault that she puked... So I made up to her with extra hugs and kisses for the rest of the day. I'll try to be more patient and be a better Mommy!

No comments: