Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hong Kong Shanghai Trip Part 1

Finally the day has come! Jolie and I would be traveling to Hong Kong with my brother as Cobby had to attend a 3 day course from work. I had to admit, I was pretty stressed out the day before, packing and wandering around the house, worried if I've missed out anything. It was a 9am flight, so we had to wake up around 5.30am to finish packing the essentials and also prepare Jolie's lunch.

I wanted her to sleep as long as possible, unfortunately she woke up when she heard us opening and closing the bathroom doors. So baby woke up around 5.30am! Picked up Bro near our place and found out that he too woke up at 5.15am to pack his luggage. I took about 1 whole week to pack! How come men need so little stuff... duh...

Needless to say, Jolie was sleepy and cranky all the way to the airport. But once we were there, she was fully awake and started to become her jovial self again when she got to eat her favourite food, roti prata!



After a full breakfast, a sad farewell from her Dad, we went inside the departure hall. It's nice travelling with brother because unlike with parents, who are always so ganchiong and stressed, travelling with brother was very relaxed and easy. Jolie had fun helping us to push the trolley too. It's these little things that made me realise how tall she's growing.




This time round we decided to splurge a little more and bought a seat for Jolie, which turned out to be a great decision! Jolie fell asleep shortly after we took off (probably cause she woke up so early), and even though she was lying in my arms, I was able to stretch my legs over the 2 seats rather than torment myself in a single squeezy seat.

So the flight went pretty well, she slept for almost half the way, and when she woke up, I planned to let her watch her favourite show on the portable DVD player while feeding her lunch. But the stupid player just played for a few seconds and just hung there. SHIT! So it was kind of 反效果 as she was quite pissed that the show stopped after a few seconds. Thankfully I brought other forms of entertainment such as playdoh and her colouring pencils. So she was pacified and managed to eat her lunch before the flight attendant told us to buckle up for landing. YEAH!

I think because it was a weekend, so the customs clearance took forever. But when we got out, we were greeted by my parents and sis, who were ecstatic to see their precious granddaughter and niece and bought loads of toys for her.



so we ate mom's cooking that night. I was exhausted, but happy that my holiday has started!

No comments: