Monday, November 8, 2010

Scrabble

Yesterday afternoon, while Jolie takes her afternoon nap, Cobby and I played a game of Scrabble. It was a pretty close game, I lost by a mere 3 points! Argh! But it was a good game cause I managed to get alot of good, long words.

Before the game I took a picture and post it on Facebook, and a friend commented that it's been very long since she has played "real scrabble".



I find that quite interesting, I guess in this day and age, we spend so much time on our computers and phone, that even during relaxation time, our face is stuck to the two devils.

Taking the risk of sounding like an old grandmother, I think it's good to spend some real quality time with your spouse, your child and not forgetting, yourself, but AWAY from electronic gadgets. There's something about a real board game that allows the players to interact like no online game can. You talk, you laugh, you joke, and can even give give friendly slap on the backs. It's a PHYSICAL bonding time.

I enjoyed our playtime so much, I'm thinking of buying more games. Can't wait for the day where Jolie can join us for a game of scrabble!

No comments: