Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Hong Kong Shanghai Trip Part 4

I don't remember doing much that day, and my photos didn't say much either. But I think we ate alot... Haha... This is our favourite store. I like to call it the 烧肉nazi. If you have watched Seinfeld, you would understand. They sell the most delicious 烧肉 (roast pork) I have EVER tasted, but the boss is infamous for being fierce. How delicious is it? It's evident in the queue that is constantly in front of their store, the people risk facing the wrath of the boss by being good boys and girls.



I think that the boss is just being loud and a pure no-bullshit kind of guy. If you are good, sometimes he would even reward you with extra pieces of their crispy, delicious pork skin! 2 words for their roast pork... SO GOOD... Moist meat, crispy skin, no sauce needed. We can polish off the whole box just like that!



Anyway, while running errands for Sis alone, I tried this HK Macdonald's special, Red Bean pie! Sounds promising, but the filling was too runny! If it's nice and thick like those in the Japanese pancake, it would have been a winner.



In the evening, Bro wanted to buy some presents for his wife, and I too needed to buy some perfume for Cobby's cousin, so we met up with Sis and her ex-vendor for shopping at DFS, followed by dinner.

I really should ask her for the name of this Cantonese restaurant, because every dish we ordered was so super delicious! Everybody was not in the mood for rice, so we just ordered until the whole table was full. YUMS!



My favourite was the one at the bottom right hand corner. It's actually pig's trotter, but it's de-boned, deep fried and tossed with fried garlic and chilli. OH MY GOD... I swear I could finish the whole plate with a mug of beer! It's crispy on the outside, chewy and soft on the inside, and the crispy, spicy garlic goes SO WELL with it. SHIOK AH!! So we ended the day with another full stomach. 好幸福啊!

That night Cobby took a late night flight and reached my Sister's place at around midnight. It's so nice to see my Cobby again! Due to space constrains, that night he my brother were roomies in the living room. Tomorrow morning we leave for Shanghai!

No comments: