Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hong Kong Shanghai Trip Part 3

Dad is really into bicycles nowadays, so he brought his foldable bike over to HK and while over there, bought another one! So since he got 2 bikes, Bro wanted to go cycling with Dad one morning. I guess he must have been feeling guilty from all the pigging out! Haha..



Sis suggested that we ladies go Macdonald's for breakfast before she goes to work, so we headed to the one nearby. I really like that their breakfast boxes are all made from paper, rather than Styrofoam, and they don't encourage the use of drinking straws. Save the earth!



While we were enjoying our breakfast Bro and Dad came home to an empty house. Bro called Sis and found out that we had abandon him and didn't chio him for breakfast. So when we went back, we went to the wet market for a traditional HK breakfast with Bro and Dad. Interestingly, Dad said that they actually ate at the same store when he and Mom were only dating, like donkey years ago!




After breakfast Mom did some grocery shopping while we just followed. I really LOVE their wet market as their fruits and vegetables are so absolutely fresh, beautiful, and the variety is astounding. Makes our market looked dull and depressing! I found this stall selling fresh sugar cane, already peeled. It's very sweet and juicy, but it really test the strength of your teeth and jaw muscle!



I gave up after a few bites. Besides, it's not very lady-like when you have to spit out the fibre after you have chewed out all the juices... We went home, took a break and headed out again, destination 海洋公园, Ocean Park! Since we were with Jolie, Mom, bro and I decided to take a taxi there. On the way there, Jolie fell asleep and continued to sleep all the way until just before boarding the cable car. She looked so groggy and confused, because she fell asleep in a car, and woke up in mid air...



When we alighted we ate lunch at this great restaurant with a killer sea view. I think it's new. The food isn't expensive, so it was quite enjoyable. With a full stomach, Jolie was back to her perky self again.







The famous escalator...



The super cute sea lions enjoying the afternoon sun...



This is the 1st for me... PANDAS! They are so cute! Can't wait for the 2 that's coming to Singapore soon!



We didn't visit many places as we forgot to take the map at the entrance. We wanted to go see the performance, but by afternoon, the whole place was FLOODED with tour groups from China. We couldn't even get near the auditorium! It's crazy! So we just walked around and saw these game booths. One of them had these cute cockroaches soft toys as prize, and it was a shooting game, so I persuaded Bro to try. After all, he claimed to have gotten marksmen right? Haha...

Confident...



Aim...



Not... A... Single... Shot... Got... In...



Hahaha... I couldn't help but throw in a few snide remarks about his shooting skill. With a bruised ego, we tried another game, but...



He dared me to do better, but...



Sigh... 别提了... So it's already late afternoon, so we decided to end the visit with Jolie's favourite, the carousel ride. The stupid staff said that no standing allowed, which is like the 1st time that I've heard that ever. So I just hopped on with Jolie.



So we all headed home for dinner, but I went out in the late evening to meet my Sis after work as she knew I wanted to buy a pair of boots, so we were going shopping! A fun and delicious yoghurt shop before our hunt!



I didn't know what kind of boots I like, but I was very sure of what kin of boot I didn't like. So we walked for hours, store after store, street after street, but either I didn't like the design or they didn't have my size. I was so frustrated that I was tempted to settle with one that was a little too tight. But Sis insist that we find the right one, so finally we went all the way to whampoa, where we came across this store with a perfect pair of boots just waiting for me patiently to come and buy it. :)

The sales lady was also very friendly, so it was quite a pleasant buy. Best of all, Sis said that she would buy it for me! YEAH! It's a little expensive, so Sis said that it would have to be at least a 3 event combination present. THANK YOU! :)

At the end of the day, Sis ended up with TWO PAIRS OF BOOTS. -_- Even as a child, I envy her perfect little feet that can fit into all sorts of beautiful shoes. Anyway, when we got home, we didn't even had dinner! We just cooked instant noodles which Sis bought from Taiwan, which was super yummy btw.

A long and tiring day, but very happy!

No comments: