Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Nervous or not?

Everybody seems to be asking me the same question over and over again. "Nervous or not?" Well, "Not yet." would be my most honest answer. I would be checking into the hospital after midnight tomorrow. Cobby would accompany me till morning, then he'll go pick up both our parents at 7am. By 8.30am, I would be wheeled (or walk in?) into the operating theatre where we'll welcome Princess Jolie in an hour or so. :)

Anyway, back to my current state of mind. Like I said, "Not Yet" seems like the best way to describe my mood now. I'm sure I'll be super nervous when they wheel me into the operating theatre, but right now, I'm just taking it easy and trying to relax.

I think my baby stuff is all ready, so that's good, but it's REALLY difficult to just sit around the house and do nothing. I read somewhere that it's called the "nesting instinct", where mom-to-be would have a constant itch to clean, organise, and fuss about the house - basically, to "nest".

Dad asked me to do nothing for the next few days and just rest, but I just can't! So taking CNY as an excuse, I limit myself to cleaning one area a day. Now that it's after CNY, no more excuse! I had to control myself not to do much housework, but cannot tahan, so I vacuumed the house yesterday when Cobby left for class. Then all my efforts were wasted when burnt ashes from people burning offerings floated into my house yesterday after midnight! ARGH!

Then this morning I found out that one of my top kitchen cabinets is crawling with ants! Argh..! If I can, I would grab my step ladder, rag and water bucket and clean every inch of the bloody cabinet. But I have to spare a thought for the safety of my little Princess, so I just poured some ant poison into the pile of ants, closed the cabinet door and walk away, hoping that they die a terrible death.

Hmm, must also remember to charge the batteries of my camera. Think we'll be taking alot of pictures. I wonder who would baby resemble?

No comments: