Saturday, February 13, 2010

团年饭 2010

This year my family is in HK, so 团圆饭 was settled at my Mother-in-law's place. This year's dinner was ordered from this Tong Chiang Kitchen.



Initially I thought it was a box of mandarin oranges! Haha... Looks promising, they delivered the food to your doorstep! It even comes with a Mango Jelly in a form of two fishes!



Jolie having fun before dinner time!



When we set up the Yu Shen, MIL gave Jolie a pair of chopsticks so that she too can "lou hei" with us. Whao it's like a dream come true for her man! She got to sit on top of the dining table, play with chopsticks and play with adult food while getting praised for it!



These are the food MIL ordered... (Excluding the steamed fish)



Erm... It's like... The worst dinner ever. Really. Nothing good to say about it, except that the herbal chicken was edible. -_-" Anyway... After Jolie's bath it's Hong Bao time! See how happy Jolie was when she got her first hong bao!




Well, the dinner may be sucky, but I guess the important thing was having the family together.




It was a nice evening, but that night, I had such a hard time putting Jolie to sleep that I completely broke down. I was tired, hungry (I hardly ate dinner) and I missed my family so much. It's 除夕, tomorrow's Chinese New Year and I can't be with my family. That sucks. I was sad, lonely and angry all at once and I hate it that I'm feeling this way the night before new year.... :(

No comments: