Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Throwing a party

So what does it takes to throw a party? Jolie's party consist about 40 guests, with about 18 kids, so here are the details, in case anybody needs some references.

Buffet
When it comes to buffet, always under order! Either people always eat very little or catering companies serve too much. I don't know, but in this case, we just ordered for 35 pax for confirmed attendance of 40. We left with a little food at the end of the party, which means, just nice!

We love Mum's Kitchen catering. Their Laksa and Mee Siam is their signature dishes. When we ordered Laksa for our ROM party, the guests cleaned up every single drop of their laksa soup!



For Jolie's birthday party, we spent a $545.70 (we had a $50 voucher)

Party Supplies
Here are SO MANY party supplies stores in Singapore! I chose this one at Parkway Parade Shopping Centre called Party Joy. They have a website too. But I wanted to see the actual products that I'm buying, so I went down to check it out myself.

I chose some basic party supplies...$214.95

1st birthday banner


mickey mouse clubhouse birthday banner


mickey mouse clubhouse plastic table cover


mickey mouse clubhouse party bags (with contents worth $4.00 per bag) (red hats, blower and princess tiara not included)


30 helium filled balloons


1 set of Mickey Mouse balloons


Plus delivery

I hesitated on the birthday candle when I was there and when I went back, they ran out of stock! So I had to go to the store at Holland Village to buy one. Thankfully they had ONE last piece left! No choice, but better than nothing! By the way, there's a party supply store on the 2nd floor of the shop house, but I went to the old shop on the ground floor. They may be old fashioned, but they have loads of party supplies! I heard the fancy one on the 2nd floor is quite expensive, so better to patronage the uncle store below. :)

I also bought a pack of Disney party decorations. I asked uncle if they have those shimmery banners but uncle say it's OLD FASHION, NOBODY USES THAT ANYMORE. I hate it when people older than you say that you are old fashion! ARGH!!! SO what! I'm a very traditional girl mah! >:P

Cake
I bought my cake from Bengawan Solo because they were the only one I know that was licensed to do Disney characters. I did find some freelance bakers that makes unbelievably fancy cakes, but I wasn't too keen on fondant cakes, and they cost a bomb! So a simple cream cake is fine by me. Our Mickey cake cost $135 with free delivery! And it's delicious!!!



If you are interested, here are some websites that I found.
http://cherylshuen.com
http://sugarlust.blogspot.com

Of course, we had to buy extra drinks, some additional snacks such as chocolates and I also baked a batch of brownies! My mentality was, if I liked it, others should too! Well, an extra dose of sugary stuff always makes people happier! Right? :)

No comments: