Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dinner at The Jewel Box

Spent the whole day at home on Saturday, so for dinner, Cobby suggested that we dine at Sapphire at The Jewel Box. The last time we've been there together, I wasn't even pregnant yet, so it's a refreshing change from our usual dining locations.

It was already 6.30pm when we go there, but it was still quite bright. There were lots of tourist walking around the park, but all the restaurants were still quite empty. As we were walking towards the restaurant, I was even attacked by ants! Ouch!

But when we got there, we were awed by the beautiful scenery and the cool evening breeze. SO nice~! So we placed our orders and started walking around the open air restaurant, taking pictures.







When the skies darken, the chairs at the garden lights up. Looks pretty cool but not very comfy to sit on!



The food was pretty good, (see here for details) but there were mosquitoes! The table next to us sat an old Japanese couple with their grown up son. Right after they ordered, they actually asked the waitress to light some mosquito coil! I was quietly telling Cobby how Kiasee they were when suddenly, I spotted a mosquito on my leg!!! OMG! I quickly smacked it dead and for the rest of the evening, I was quite paranoid. Not for myself, but fear for my little princess's precious blood! Luckily we were almost finished when the skies turned dark. And the bloodsuckers started to come out!



When we paid the bill, Cobby complained to the waiter that it's too dark. I teased him that he's losing his sense of romance! Haha... There were quite a few young couples dining there, one even has a bouquet of roses! Not that I'm jealous or anything. Haha... been there, done that! Anyway, it was quite fun going there for dinner. Something different.

No comments: