Monday, February 15, 2010

年初二 2010

This morning made another family tradition, pan-fried Nian Gao! Just can't go through Chinese New Year without eating these sweet sticky yummy nien gao!



Same routine as yesterday, after her nap and lunch, we headed out to Ah Bu's (Cobby's Aunt) place. I bought this outfit for her! Pretty! With her mandarin orange bag, Jolie's all set to go!





At Ah Bu's place, Cobby played cards with them, so I didn't really join in, so I accompanied Jolie while we waited for our fourth mahjong player, another one of Cobby's aunt to arrive.



Ah Bu has really green fingers. Look at how beautiful her flowers are! Fourth Auntie came quite late, but she forgot to bring her glasses, so we waited again and only got to play when someone brought her reading glasses. By then it was already quite late and Jolie gets REALLY clingy at night.

I had such a hard time trying to play! The lighting in the room was quite dim and I had to carry Jolie while playing! I was so distracted, I didn't know what I was doing most of the time! It didn't help that the other two players were very fierce! Keep winning and 自摸! Faint~

We only played till 西风 because Jolie was getting really tired and cranky. And guess what?? We lost!!! I lost $152 while Cobby lost $210! Guess they really got their revenge! Hahaha... Oh well, I just take it that we lost away all our bad luck! That's the main reason for gambling during CNY right? :)

No comments: