Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tang Family Germ Festival

It all started with an occasional sneeze the day before, on Wednesday. Then I noticed that she's having a slight running nose, and I thought with such dread! "Oh no... please don't be sick baby!" Unfortunately, near midnight, her slight runny nose has turned into a full blast flu. She was sneezing, her runny nose has turned to block nose! She was so sleepy but she can't sleep cuz she can't breath!

So after crying for 30mins, I can't take it anymore. I gave her a quarter of a panadol flu relief and it worked like a charm! I know you can't give babies adult medicine, but I was desperate! Besides, it's just such a small dosage, guess it doesn't hurt right?Besides, she slept better after that.

The next morning I brought her to Thomson Medical Centre to see her doctor. Guess what? She puked in the taxi! THANK GOODNESS I had a little zip lock bag to hold her moist hanky. But still, I couldn't open it fast enough, so a little puke got onto me and herself. Thankfully the taxi uncle was quite nice and docile. I don't think he even noticed that she puked until I asked if I could wind down the window a little. I had to leave a little tip and apologised for the smell.

Oh god, I really hate it when she's sick! She coughs, she sneeze, non stop snot, and worst of all, she pukes when she coughs too much! EeeWWWW!!! I HATE VOMIT!!! She would puke everywhere, the smell is horrible, and she still wants a hug after that! She also gets irritated with her sticky snotso she'll rub her nose, her mouth and wipe all her saliva and snot ALL OVER HER FACE!!!! And not forgetting all her whining!!!! AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

But that aside, it's really heartbreaking when you see your baby crying in pain and discomfort but there's nothing you can do about that. It's the most horrible thing in the world! I wished I could just take all the pain away from her and put it on me instead...

For the next few days, I got a little sick too, but Cobby got hit the worst. When we walk together, we are like a symphony of sniff sniff, ah choo! ah choo! Sigh~~~ Don't come near us! Hope we all get well by Chinese New Year!

No comments: