Monday, June 20, 2011

Sentosa Day One

Whoo Hoo! We booked a night at the Siloso Beach Resort at Sentosa and our little family was going to have a little island getaway!

After lunch at Vivo City, we checked in early as we wanted Jolie to take her nap 1st. While she slept, Cobby and I got into our bathing suits and hopped into our private jacuzzi on the second level of our suite! It was so awesome... somemore got view of the Siloso Beach! Sigh, that's life my friend!

When Jolie woke up, we headed out to Underwater World! The staff instructed us to take a beach tram just outside our resort, but it was just 2 stops away! A bit duh, but it's always fun to ride a tram. There's a Ben and Jerry ice cream stall outside the Underwater World! How can we resist some yummy ice-cream on a hot and sunny day like this??



Just nice, the dolphin show was about to start, so we headed straight to the performance. Unfortunately the stupid amphitheatre was so FREAKING hot! There wasn't much proper shading against the evening sun, and there wasn't any fan on the pillars! Crazy stupid! We chose to stand right at the back to hide from the sun, but it was still very hot. So I asked Cobby to buy a little fan from the gift shop. Sounds clever, but we didn't expect that Jolie would take over the fan and just hold it in her hand instead of fanning herself! -_-'

When the show finally started, it was quite fun to watch. The dolphins were so clever!



After the show, I paid S$16.00 to take a photo of me patting the dolphin. It was so magical! It felt like... wet skin. Like human skin, but thicker. So weird!



The reason why I'm only showing the photo Cobby took was because the one the staff took was pretty bad. The sun was blazing at my back, so I couldn't see my face. Oh well, I didn't mind, I didn't like my pose in the photo anyway, besides, they refunded the money to me, so I got to touch the dolphin for free!!

So after the show we went inside to explore the Underwater world. I reached into the water to touch the stingray and Jolie grabbed my arm and yelled "NOOOOO MAMA!". I think its due to all those time when I told her never to touch the fishes in the fish tank at home. Either that or she's afraid that the fishes would hurt me? I don't know...



How nostalgic! I remember coming to the underwater world when it just opened. Now I'm back with my own child, screaming at excitement at all the fishes all around.







Before we went in, there's a man outside with 2 pythons where you can take picture with. I sort of chickened out, but when I saw that he was still there when we got out, I couldn't resist!



Interestingly, the snake was quite warm. He even purred! I think he wanted to crawl into the nearby branch and run away forever.

Jolie was a little nervous, but curious anyway. Oh, even more interesting thing was that the python's name was ROCKY! I used to have a dog that was named ROCKY too!



We couldn't think of anyway for dinner except for all those restaurants at Marina Bay Sands, so we settled for Chilli's.



Since we're on holiday, I ordered a Margarita. It's super delicious!



The food portion was huge! We couldn't finish the food, but it was a great way to end the day.



Funny, we didn't really do much, but we were quite exhausted by then. After a long wait for the stupid bus, we got back to Siloso Beach and decided to walk back to the hotel. It was SO SHIOK to get back into the air-conditioned hotel room!



Looking forward to the next day, meanwhile, "Live long and prosper!"

No comments: