Thursday, June 30, 2011

Taipei Trip 2011 - Part 1

Finally! After all the waiting, I'm finally going on a ladies only shopping trip with my Sister. We have never travelled together alone before, so this could be fun! But honestly, I was having mixed feelings. As excited as I was, I have NEVER felt so hesitant to go on an overseas trip. I have never been seperated with Jolie for so long and so far apart before, how would she manage? How would I manage? I promised to be strong, but I almost choked when I checked on her before I left the house at 4.15am. Yes, you read right, 4.15AM. Anyway, she had rolled onto the floor, but she was still sleeping! Haha, I quickly put her back to bed, gave her a kiss, whispered goodbye and left before I started to cry!

OMG it's my 1st time flying on my own, I should be elated! But I was all moody in the cab, and hungry! So after I checked in, I quickly found food. It's so early that even the stores weren't opened yet, so the whole place was so quiet except for a few passengers having breakfast.



That's my plane! By the time it took off, the sky was lighting up.



The four hour trip was pretty good. The seats were just as squeezy, but lucky me! I got the whole row of seats to myself! Whoo Hoo! So while everyone was being uncomfortable, I was stretching out my legs and watching movie on my netbook. It's like first class! I think God was consoling me for feeling bad earlier. :)

Reached Taipei and met up with sis at the airport. The bus tickets to our hotel was sold out, but the lady gave us waiting tickets. Heng ah, there was empty seats, so we managed to get to the hotel via the bus. The bus interchange was just below the shopping centre that was next to the hotel! And the MRT station is there too! Talk about AWESOME location!? Our hotel was called W Hotel!

When we checked in, there was this sign on the counter.



Sis and I were giggling to ourselves, saying that maybe we should have dressed like SPGs (Sarong Party Girl) and we'll get special treatment or something. Well, apparently it meant Starwood Preferred Guest lah...

So we went back to the hotel room to put down our luggage. OMG the place is so cool and stylish! We felt kind of out of place in our sloppy clothes, but we imagined we were in a J.Lo MTV inside the ultra cool lift.



The room was just so awesome that we didn't want to leave! But after settling down and a short rest, we headed out! It's already way past lunch time, and that last time I ate was 5.30am, so you can imagine how hungry I was!!! So Sis brought me to 度小月 for some 擔仔麵. Sis said that usually the place would be packed with customers, but since it was almost 3pm, the restaurant was nice and quiet while we munched on our VERY late lunch.



After a very yummy lunch, we've only got half a day left, so we went to 西门町(Ximending)!



I've been to Ximending so many times, but never alone with a female companion, purely for SHOPPING!!! It was great, we just went shop to shop, buying all sorts of trinkets for ourselves and also for Jolie. I wanted to buy a pair of jeans, but Sis recommended that I invest in a good pair from a brand called Big Train. I can't find the website, but their jeans and clothing line are super cool. The female jeans line is called Victoria, and I love the crystal studded designs on the back. :)

So after a few hours of shopping we headed to 士林夜市 (Shilin Night Market) for dinner. Sis knows a store that sells cold noodles, and wanted to bring me there. We were quite tired after a long day, and we promised to just go straight to the stall, eat and return to the hotel. But the place was a non-stop distraction of shops and delicious food!

So we finally found the stall. What a great idea to eat some cold noodles on a warm Summer evening! The stall is called 好朋友, which means good friends. The place was packed with customers and I can understand why! It's delicious! It's nutty, spicy and yummy and I love the cool and crunchy cucumber strips mixed with the noodles. Shiok!



After dinner we decided to hop on to a taxi to go back to the hotel. Unfortunately, the stupid uncle didn't really know where our hotel was and dropped us off at the wrong hotel! DUH~! We had to hop onto another cab to get us back. -_- OMG~ it's so good to be back to our wonderful room!

So I let Sis shower 1st cause then I got the chance to take a BUBBLE BATH! What a great way to sooth the aching muscles! After that we relaxed and watched GLEE on our 42"LCD TV. (Sis have GLEE in her iPod) Triple shiok!



By the way this was our "kill" of the day! Looking forward to the next day!

No comments: