Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dreams Interrupted

What a week I had last week. For 2 days, I was flying at the thought that I am finally going for my dream holiday to Paris! My mind started planning the things I wanted to see, the places I wanted to go. I was walking on air..! Then the guy at the travel agency cruelly yank me back to earth by informing us that the hotels in Paris and the nearby cities were either fully booked or has added additional booking fee of up to 100+ euros per night.

WHY???? Because of some stupid game where a bunch of men fight each other for a BALL is gonna be held in France this year... The Rugby World Cup.

I hate rugby.

A dream is a dream, but I'm not gonna spend abt S$9k+ on a tour!

How can I explain my disappointment...? After all the waiting, the planning, the frustration, finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and just like that, plans cancelled. It's like there's a huge rock hanging from a metal chain attached to my chest. Each time I tried to cheer up, I lift the bloody rock up with my hands until my arms ache and grow weak. I drop the stupid rock and I feel as if I've sunk another inch into the ground.

Dramatic right... but yeah, that's about how I feel.

I know, some friends, even Cobby suggested going elsewhere. That's a good idea, but... I don't feel like going anywhere else! Besides, Cobby have to fly off to work in early November, my family is going China for holidays (I have to baby-sit Connie) and Mom would be having her knee surgery soon after they come back. By then Europe would be freezing...
Went for dinner at CHIJMES with Cobby that evening. As if to mock my misery, the weather that evening was beautiful. So we sat outside and just chill as we drank our cold beer. Made me feel much better really..

Forget it. I will go next year. When there is NO world cup, the weather would be cool not cold, I would have plenty of leave and he would have time. Until then, I'll be dreaming of Paris...

No comments: