Monday, October 1, 2007

"You win some, you lose some..."

Made a batch of Choco Madness Muffins last Sunday and they taste so good! Whoo Hoo! I had to control myself from eating up all of them! Anyway, happy and proud that everybody, especially Cobby, loved it! Yeah!!! If you have tasted them, give me your comments please!





But…………. Dinner was a complete disaster! Initial dinner menu was stir fry pickled vegetable with pork, steam fish and water cress vegetable soup. Sounds good…

Number one mistake – I was supposed to put in the water cress into BOILING water and then BOIL it. But I used a slow cooker instead (don’t ask me why – maybe I was possessed by a dumb bimbo ghost) and there was hardly a bubble throughout the whole cooking process. So the bloody soup turned out BITTER. Hopelessly BITTER.

Number two mistake – I know that pickled vegetables are salty, so I rinsed it with water before chopping it up. NOT ENOUGH LOR! I think I may have to boil it with water or something because it’s still very sour and salty! While frying with the pork, I tasted it and my face screwed up. SHIT! I quickly added water, stirred abit, and poured the water away. I repeated the process twice ok, but still quite salty. So I ended up with a salty and otherwise bland dish.


Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!


I felt like throwing everything away and just eat instant noodles!

Thank goodness the steam fish was pretty much fail-safe. Phew… 1 out of 3. Failed miserably I tell you. Cobby felt bad and tried to console me. “Its ok sweetie” he said “you win some, you lose some” Huh? Sounds like he’s consoling someone who just lost a football game. Anyway, he’s got a point. I should learn from my mistakes and consult The Master (mom) on the pickled vegetable dish. It’s my favourite – must learn! Must win! Haha…

No comments: