Thursday, October 25, 2007

Farewell UJ! Final Episode ~

After so many farewells the inevitable Tuesday came. We greeted each other good morning as usual and went on our daily work routine. But its not a routine Tuesday as it is the day of our company anniversary dinner as well. So everybody was a little too busy running around like headless chickens...

Fortunately the pantry gang seems to be the only bunch of people who are free...
One is resigned,

one is perpeptually free,

and the other is the stand-here-and-do-nothing-except-to-wave-hi-and-bye person, aka - The Standby Usher.

We went for our last lunch at the Arts Canteen cuz UJ wanted to taste the Yong Tau Hu Laksa for the last time. It tasted great as usual, but the queue is long too, as usual... Came back abit late, so kanna scolded abit. Sad, but I'll live.

Last walk to the Arts Canteen with UJ


I reminded Phee Lip to say bye to UJ cuz he'll be leaving for the hotel soon, so he went over and bid him farewell. There was an unspoken saddness among the pantry gang the whole day. Every routine stuff we do, we were reminded that it's the last time we're doing it with UJ! Last trip to the pantry, last lunch together at the canteen... First is Char, now UJ.

Most of the committee members were gone by 2.45pm, so a sudden hush fell over the office when all the chickens have left. Peace and quiet at last. UJ walked into the Library where I was and suddenly said, "well, i guess it's good bye!" my heart dropped. So fast? Actually he can already leave since he has done his clearance, but I kept nagging him to stay till 5pm. We're suppose take the 4.45pm bus to the hotel, so by 4.30pm Some and I quicklytouch up our make up and rushed to catch the bus.

When we boarded the bus we saw UJ's purple car drove out from the carpark. That's UJ! Both of us exclaimed. Was he waiting for us to say goodbye? We watched him drive off and we quickly called his mobile. We said our goodbyes on the phone and later he messaged us, saying that the pantry farewell was good enough. It nearly brought us to tears.

I guess I wasn't so upset when char left cuz I know that I'll still see her weekly during our aerobics class. But I dunno when I'll see UJ again, besides, I don't really MSN like they do.

So this is it! The concluding episode to the UJ farewell series. Ended with the scene of UJ's purple car driving away into the sunset....

The End ~

No comments: