Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baby's First Nail Clippings

Jolie's nails has been quite long ever since she was born, but we never really got to cut it due to many reasons...

No time...
No scissors - only nail clippers (which was seriously frowned upon by EVERYBODY - ok, we had to buy a pair of scissors)
Nobody dared to take on the responsibility on cutting Jolie's tiny, fragile nails.

So today, when she fell asleep while feeding (again), I took the opportunity and started to cut her nails, very carefully. My goodness her fingernails are so tiny and thin! The nurses at the hospital advised us that it's not necessary to cut them too short. As long as it is not pointed and not too long, it's fine. Basically you just don't wanted baby to scratch herself.

So I just trimmed them abit and I'm done! Yeah! Baby's 1st nail clipping! Since these were her very 1st nail clippings, I thought I should keep them. So I made a little envelope and kept them together with her cord.

Anyway the nail clippings were so small and so little, it almost looked and felt like an empty envelope. Haha...

I hope that we can keep it until she grows up, then I can just pass everything to her, like, "here sweetie, here's your umbilical cord, your 1st nail clippings, your 1st bunch of hair cut, etc."

No comments: