Thursday, February 5, 2009

Princess Jolie Birthday - The night before~

On the 4th Feb 2009, the night before my C-section, I sat at home, watching TV, waiting for Cobby to come back from class. Everything seemed routine, but in a few more hours, my baby inside my tummy would be in my arms! Feels so weird, I thought, as I pat my tummy.

We arrived at the hospital at midnight, but we were sorely disappointed that there wasn't any single bedded rooms available, even when we have booked the rooms weeks in advance. The staff was apologetic, but we were angry and upset. What's the point of booking the room if you were going to give it away on a first come first serve basis?? So I was already nervous enough of everything, then I had to share a room with some stranger, then they tell me that that spouse cannot stay over for twin sharing room! My tears immediately welled up as I try to compose myself at the counter. This is NOT how I envisioned this to be!

Bobian, we got into the tiny room, hardly enough space for me, so Cobby confirm cannot stay... :( The nurses asked me to change into the surgical robe, which is just a piece of cloth and nothing else. Huh, so early change? I guess I had to sleep in this! When I came out of the toilet, the nurse told me that I wore robe wrongly. The opening was suppose to be behind! Hahaha... but because of my tummy, I can't really tie properly, so my bare butt was sorta exposed. Haha feels so comical..



A nurse came shortly and said that she had to shave me. o_o I cooly said ok, but it feels super weird as I lie there and she sprinkle baby powder over my tummy and 'below' and started shaving. It's also SUPER TICKLISH as the shaver scrap across my tummy loh! My tummy keep twitching because it's SO ticklish but the nurse thought that it was my baby kicking. Haha, so funny.

So after helping me to settle in, Cobby reluctantly left me alone in the hospital room with the stranger in the next bed. I felt so sad, scared and terribly alone, but I can't cry with a stranger lying next to me! So I just sat there and sob silently, while my room mate snored soundly in her sleep. -_-

I hardly slept at all, I hugged Cobby's jacket for comfort, but I kept waking up, checking the timing on my handphone, waiting for dawn to arrive. 3am... 3.30am... 4am... The nurses kept asking, "cannot sleep ah?" duh, I know they meant well, but quit asking the obvious! SOB! Can morning come faster??!!

To Be Continued...

No comments: