Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

When we finally crawled into bed, exhausted, Cobby wished me Happy Valentine's Day as it was already passed midnight. He then apologised for not getting me any presents. :) It's ok, I told him, I didn't get him anything too! So in a few minutes, we were snoring away. Zzz...

So Valentine's Day 2009 was a little different, no flowers, no candlelight dinner and no presents. In fact, Cobby had to go to class in the morning and later meet his mom and aunt at Bedok to meet up the Feng Shui expert. They were going to get some baby's name suggestions from him today!

But something very extraordinary happened that morning! When I was adjusting her swaddle before feeding her, I realised that HER UMBILICAL CORD WAS GONE!!! I looked around her cot and clothes, but I can't find it! Mom was downstairs buying some stuff, so I thought that she had thrown it away earlier. After feeding Jolie, I unswaddled her to change her diapers and found her dried up cord among her clothes! Whoo Hoo~! Yeah

I MMS Cobby immediately and he replied that his Mom said to keep in an ang pao. The thing is, where should we keep the ang pao after that? Hmm, right now it's sitting on Cobby's bedside table. See how lah~




After lunch, everybody was here. His mom, aunt, sis and cousin. My Dad was here too as I wanted his opinion on the choice of names. Unfortunately, I was sorely disappointed by the choice of names. I was already in a bad mood cause baby was so cranky earlier on. So we've decided to think about it overnight.

So that night, Cobby and I sat on the sofa, cradling baby in our arms. I looked back at how we celebrated Valentine's Day last year and wondered how much our lives had changed within a year. Makes me wonder what would happen next year! :)

No comments: